Tuesday, April 1, 2008

On Cookies and Growing Up

Girlfriend(almost7) has a fabulous helping streak. She loves to do all kinds of chores and to be by my side, helping, always.

Cooking or baking are especially delightful to her.

This time, she wanted to do it all by herself.

She got out the recipe and the ingredients. She read and measured and mixed.

And the cookies were perfect!

I would have put a picture of the cookies here, but they were, in fact, delicious. And well, you know what happens to delicious cookies while they are waiting around to have their picture taken.

I'm so proud of her! I can't believe my tiny baby girl is able to follow a recipe without my help. Crazy. When did she grow up so much?

1 comment:

  1. I love these "mile marker" moments!! She looks very proud of herself and there's not much better baking affirmation than to have your creations quickly scarfed up!! Tell me, is she just as good with the clean-up?? At our house the girls can create whatever they want in the kitchen, with the "clean up" goal being that mom wouldn't be able to tell that they did! Sometimes they reach it and sometimes they don't. Either way, who's going to fuss about a container of forgotten baking soda with warm cookies melting in your mouth?! Looks like LOTS of fun ... for ALL!!

    ReplyDelete