Thursday, April 3, 2008

House of Coast

Recently when I couldn't find whatever I was looking for, it occurred to me that The Coast Family has moved six times in the last seven years, while adding four new Coasties to the family.

No wonder I can't remember where I put certain odd things that I don't use every day!

(I like to think this means that I am not actually losing my mind...)

(Then again, maybe it only proves that I lost it a long time ago... hmmm...)

I intend to post a keepin' it real tour of the House of Coast soon, but for now, front yard pictures will have to do. I'm way too tired from weeding the flowerbed this afternoon to get up and walk around taking pictures of my house.

For now, I present
The Front of the House of Coast.


When we bought it, it was four different shades of cream. We had it painted all one shade of brown.

Here, you can see the new basketball goal. And in front of the house are the new really cool benches. Much basketball and bike riding takes place in the driveway on sunny days. The flowerbed at the front of the house is up against a south facing wall and gets really toasty. We planted blueberries and strawberries there!

This vantage point shows the lovely scenery to the west of the house.


Here's a close up shot of the really cool convertible benches.
You can see that the near one has been converted to a half of a picnic table. The far one is in standard bench mode. These seem to be really well made and when you put the two half tables together, it really does make a nice picnic table. The back of the bench flips over into a table easily and the whole assembly is very light and easy to move from place to place.

The Ducklings like to sit at the half table and eat a snack, while watching whatever action is happening in the driveway. I like to sit on the standard bench and bask in the sun in this wind-sheltered corner of the driveway.

We love our "new" house!

Which is good because,

I'm never moving again.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I have been sneaking into your blogs thru Tami's. I love what you girls are doing with the blogs. You two girls are truly experiencing God in your lives and it is so inspiring to me. Your home looks lovely and I love hearing about your children. Just wanted to let you know that I love your blogs.
    Tami's Auntie M & Lissa's Sister M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Auntie M! I'm glad you found us. =)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "tour" idea. When we finally do make it to your NEW and LAST home, it'll seem so déjà vu!!

    ReplyDelete