Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother/Daughter Tea



This time every year since I was knee-high, and probably even before that, our church has gathered for a Mother/Daughter Tea. I remember going with my mom and her mom and now I take my little girls.

This year, the theme had to do with memories. My sweet Girlfriend(7) was one of three young girls who was asked to share a favorite vacation memory.

She planned and prepared and practiced. She wrote out her memory in her own hand, with no help from me at all. Her joy and enthusiasm were a beautiful thing.

The event went off without a hitch. She was masterful with the microphone. She read her story loudly and clearly.



She is beautiful and I am so proud!


2 comments:

  1. you should be proud . . . she did a great job! what a blessing she is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traditions can be powerful and beautiful - clearly the case here!!

    ReplyDelete