Friday, October 24, 2008

Rejoice!

My heart is singing this morning with my dear friend, Amy!

Together, and with the angels, we are singing, "Hallelujah! God is good!"

Remember a week ago, when I posted this about my friend who was longing for her baby, who was waiting on the other side of the world?

Today, I can report to you with great joy that Amy has received her referral approval and is now the official (though not yet legal) mother of this sweet Chinese girl, Elisabeth.


For those of you who wonder, yes, this is Amy of the pie crust, Amy of the granola inspiration, Amy of the sweet comments.

She has waited 105 long days for this great news, which finally arrived this morning. Lord willing, she'll have her baby girl in arms before Christmas.

Congratulations to your precious family, Amy. Our prayers have been answered and your sweet daughter will be home before you know it. I can't wait to see her dancing with Abby in pink princess dresses!

"God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing." -Psalm 68:6

So glad Elisabeth will be with her family soon and that the prison doors of this long wait are swinging wide open at last!

I can't stop smiling!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting, brenda, and thanks for all the prayers and encouragement. Isn't she just the sweetest thing ever?? I can't wait to get my arms around her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is absolutely perfect! She's adorable!!! May God go with her and with you through every bit of your reunion. Joy!!!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got goose bumbs while reading this!! YES!!! I am so happy for this family that I don't know (yet). And you put MY verse in there, bless your heart. :-)
    Yay for all of them and PRAISE GOD for this blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those who mourn with those who mourn get the distinct privilege of rejoicing with them when they rejoice!!

    ReplyDelete