Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Taste of Summer

Yesterday, my sweet mother spotted some fresh, local strawberries at the farmers' market downtown. She knows how we treasure them, so she brought us a flat! Whoo-hoo!

The Ducklings have been eating them and I stemmed a bunch and put them in the fridge yesterday. I'm trying to decide whether to make jam. We are almost out of strawberry jam from last year, but these are so yummy, I want to eat them all fresh!

I' m sure I'll end up doing some jam, but this morning, I mashed some and served them over whole wheat pancakes. Since we had some Cool Whip left over from strawberry short cake a few days ago, I even added a dollop to make it extra special.

I think the Ducklings approved. They all wanted their picture taken with their plate of pancakes.





By the way, can you spot the "rookie mistake" in this photo of The Sprout?

Ahhhhh.... Summer!

1 comment:

  1. I don't see any "mistakes" - just perfectly happy ducklings with perfectly happy bellies!

    ReplyDelete