Friday, June 13, 2008

Food Blog?

It seems like all I blog about is food lately. Hope you don't mind!

Thanks to Tami's inspiration, we combined the fresh, local strawberries with the homemade granola and some vanilla yogurt. It was a breakfast to remember!


The older kids seized the opportunity to work on the baby's sign language skills. I think he's mastered "more, please."

This afternoon, we picked up our first box of produce from The Farm. Everyone was very excited to see what was in it!

Because of the cool, wet Spring, this first box was pretty light. It had two kinds of lettuce, spinach, radishes, bok choy and some organic strawberry preserves.

I wondered how we'd do with the radishes and bok choy.

I need not have worried.

They ate the radishes with joy - even the tops!

And then they discovered the Bok Choi. (Which is apparently some kind of Chinese cabbage.)


I turned my back for a moment and when I looked back, there was this:

Now they're sneaking off with handfuls of lettuce and mouthfuls of spinach when they are supposed to be cleaning up the house.

I guess we won't have too much trouble using up the produce in the boxes this summer! It's all so fresh and tasty. This is truly veggies at their best.

Drop by for a salad, if you're in the neighborhood!

But don't count on getting any bok choi.

It feels like the House of Coast has been invaded by rabbits! Send pork chops, stat!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with eating the radish GREENS. We always just give them to our rabbit (literally) - never even thought of eating them ourselves. Not sure why, though.

    ReplyDelete