Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gloomy

Ack! Send sunshine, stat!

It's cold and rainy here this morning. Somehow, I am supposed to get motivated and get the Ducklings ready to go to swimming and then I'm supposed to sit and watch them swim... outdoors... when it's 50 degrees and rainy...

All I can think about is whether I can stand to wait until the end of next week, when swimming is over, to GET OUT OF HERE and go someplace warm.

In fairness, yesterday was 63 and beautiful.

I just can't stop expecting it to be summer. You would think that growing up here would have conditioned me to think of this weather as "normal." Unfortunately, just a few years living in other places has wrecked my coastal innocence. I remember saying as a child that it was the best place to live, because it was never too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter. Which is so very true.

Anyhoo, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Tomorrow is supposed to be back to 64, with afternoon sun.

I think I'll go change into sneakers. My feet are cold.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your little sidebar "wordle" thingy! I recall you mentioning somewhere along the way that you'll be visiting some friends in California soon. Not sure how far south you're going, but it might be safe to assume SUN!!

    ReplyDelete