Monday, March 2, 2009

Finished Object

I was going to title this post: F.O., which is knit blog lingo for Finished Object, but it occurred to me that someone who doesn't read knit blogs might come along and misunderstand...

Anyway, I recently completed a knitting project for the first time in ages. I've had knitting issues and had not done anything in so very long. It was thrilling to knock out this shawl in just a couple of weeks. It's a fun pattern. Not very sophisticated, knit up with worsted weight yarn and big holes, so it goes really fast, which is exactly what I was looking for.

I used up some ancient (20 year old) acrylic yarn, which is not very elegant, but is cozy and very durable. I did "kill" the acrylic by steaming it, so it is more soft and drapes more, so the holes open up a little better.


The shawl has quickly become a favorite thing to wrap up in on a cold, winter evening. I'm surprised by how much I like it. I've always wanted to knit one, but couldn't get through a complex, lace weight pattern in this season of my life.

This ended up being just right.

Oh! And I used my GORGEOUS stitch markers, graciously given to my by my generous friend, Tami, way back in this post...

Thanks again!!




1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - I haven't had an "F.O." since way back too long ago. How fun that you produced an already loved treasure at such breakneck speed! It's almost like you created a wrinkle in time - 2009 shawl using 1989 yarn! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete